In some ways, there is no ‘typical’ Reiki session. Below I have put together some info on what you may expect when you visit me for a session.
Before the Session
- The room is prepared and cleared of negative energy. That is, I will smudge and clear the room of any negative energies and infuse a natural flow into the space before the treatment.
When the Client (that’s you) Arrives
- I will ask you questions to get a better sense of what the purpose of the visit is etc. Similar to a consultation. I will describe what I plan on doing.
- You will be fully clothed, and seated on a chair or laying down on a treatment table (similar to a massage table). Then, administered in a systematic way with hands placements off and around the body, Reiki healing will be sent to you to aid your body in releasing stress, promoting relaxation and enhancing mental, physical, and emotional well-being. Unlike a massage, I do not manipulate the skin muscle tissue.
During the Session
- A Reiki Practitioner (that’s me) will lay my hands above areas of the body to promote healing and locate trouble areas. Hand placements vary in time according to need or area.
- You may fall asleep. You may feel deeply relaxed, at peace, and experience a sense of well-being. You may also feel the warmth or coolness of Reiki energy.
- Blankets, pillows, music, and essential oils will also be available. Whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
After the session
- We will debrief and discuss any follow up.
- It is important to understand that Reiki does not guarantee a cure, nor is Reiki a substitute for medical or professional care. Reiki is one part of an integrated healing or wellness program.
Why have a Reiki Treatment?
- On a Physical level: It is soothing, gentle, and relaxing. Reiki energy can give an extra OOMPH! boost to the system. Similar to a power nap.
- On an Emotional level: It can create a deep sense of well-being. Increase optimism and positive attitudes.
- On a Mental level: It counteracts incessant chatter of mind and can make one aware of what is really important by promoting mental clarity.
- On a Spiritual level: You may experience your own spiritual side, feel a closer sense and connection to your divine, and/or your own unique role in the world. It is important to understand that Reiki is not a religion. Reiki is not attached to one single entity. Reiki is unconditional, unbiased, non-judgemental and it encompasses everything. It is not limited to religion, belief, race or space in time. Reiki cares for everything because it is everything. Anyone can receive Reiki. Reiki is safe.
.REIKI IS UNIVERSAL LOVE.