- Pre-Event/Project Planning/Onsite Event Logistics & Management
- Budget Creation and Management
- Site/Venue Selection
- Sponsorship Negotiation
- Hiring Vendor(s)/Staff
- Catering/Food & Beverage
- Décor/Photography & Film
- Audio Visual & Staging Coordination
- Recruiting, Hiring & Training Staff & Volunteers
- Program Development, Script & Brief Writing
- Translation Services & Special Access Requirements
- Post Event Reporting
- Flex Hours
- Planning and coordinating all aspects of events, including acting as the liaison with venues, volunteers, speakers, and sponsors.
- Developing and managing new events from concept to completion by setting objectives and strategies ensuring quality and reputation is maintained and enhanced. Includes tracking logistical details, costs and timelines.
- Planning events that comply with legislation and policies, including health and safety, and fire codes, following risk management protocols and overcoming obstacles that may present themselves.
- Working with event speakers, sponsors and suppliers to execute their requirements before, during, and after events, including shipment of materials.
- Organizing all physical requirements at location/venue, such as staging, seating and equipment rentals, AV, security, and accessibility requirements.
- Ensuring detailed protocol appropriate to public and private VIP representatives (including dignitaries, MPs, mayors, government officials, etc.) and guests are followed.
- Ensuring contracts are fulfilled and pricing quotes are met.
- Recruiting, coordinating and overseeing event volunteers, staff and suppliers.
- Coordinating and attending planning meetings for events.
- Preparing detailed event scripts for key speakers.
- Implementing logistics for invitations, RSVPs and guest lists.
- Acting as a consultant by providing advice and leadership to faculties and departments planning their own events.
- Liaising with Designers to direct the development of effective communication/promotion pieces, determining target audiences.
- Liaising with Marketing & Communications to identify opportunities for advertising and messaging, (including social media) coordinating for approval.
- Scheduling appropriate channels and timing specific social media outreach.
- Evaluating the success of marketing initiatives and recommending changes where necessary.
- Preparing databases, formatting and deploying emails for events.
- Setting up the venue and creating a welcoming environment.
- Managing all on-site venue logistics. Trouble shooting any issues.
- Receiving VIP’s, guests and speakers.
- Remaining on site until guests depart to ensure complete wrap-up of event, including the transportation of materials and supplies.
- Reconciling financial reporting of events.
- Compiling post event reports and providing improvements for future events.
- Collecting participant feedback from events.