What Was It?
Held at the Mattamy Athletic Centre (formally Maple Leaf Gardens) this event was to celebrate the end of a successful year at Ryerson, and begin the Holiday Season with students, faculty, staff and their families from across the University. Complementary pairs of skates were available at the rink.
Working closely with Ryerson Catering a seasonal menu was developed which was both elegant and kid friendly. A special ‘kids only’ dessert table was also added. Being in the cool interior of the MAC you already feel transported into winter. Playing off this and the white interior of the building, I wanted to transport guests into a winter wonderland. This was achieved through the use of frosty silvery linens, punches of deep reds, associated with the festive season, and brining in design elements which were colourful, crisp and clean.
Event highlights included the following:
- Food Drive for Ryerson Good Food Room
- 50/50 draw for United Way Campaign
- Skate on Home Ice
- Photo Booth with Facebook gallery
Role & Responsibilities:
- Pre-Event Planning/Onsite Event Logistics & Management
- Budget Creation and Management
- Site/Venue Selection and Negotiation
- Hiring Vendor(s)/Staff
- Catering/Food & Beverage
- Audio Visual Coordination
- Recruiting & Training Staff & Volunteers
- Post Event Reporting
- Flex Hours
Images 03-014 courtesy of Clifton Li Photography